PharmaSmart is committed to compliance with all applicable laws, which may include HIPAA, and the Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). Our services are opt in/opt out for all notifications, email and text messaging from PharmaSmart International Inc. or any of its sponsors affiliated with this communication.
Information we may collect and how we may use it:
- User communication - When you send email or other communications to PharmaSmart, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Log information - When you access PharmaSmart services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links - PharmaSmart may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have ben followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology and customized content.
- Business Use of Data and Personal Information. We use data collected from use of your SmartCard, our Kiosk, our products, services, and websites when you create and use an account, which may include Personal Information. We may use your data, including your Personal Information, for business purposes, such as clinical research and analysis. We may process Personal Information to provide our own services, or services we provide to you on behalf of your health care provider or other third party.
PharmaSmart processes information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process information on a server outside your own country.
PharmaSmart only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of PharmaSmart in the following limited circumstances:
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of PharmaSmart, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share your Personal Information and other data you have provided with our trusted affiliates and business partners for a variety of business purposes, such as sharing research and analytical reports.
- We may de-identify your data and use de-identified data and aggregate information for business purposes. De-identified data is information from which all individual personal identifiers have been removed.
- In some cases, we may process Personal Information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party provider (“Provider”), for example, your Health Care Provider, Pharmacy, EHR Provider, or PHR Provider. In such cases, we share your personal information with that Provider and any additional third parties as requested of us by the Provider. How we share your Personal Information may be limited by our agreement with your Provider, and may not include all of the Information Sharing activities we have listed in this Policy. Please consult your Provider for more information on how they have limited the sharing of your Personal Information.
Data integrity and Security
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we may ask you to provide personal information. If we propose to use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some PharmaSmart features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
PharmaSmart International Inc.
773 Elmgrove Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Last Update: July 9, 2016